Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
Michelin Xi3. They are the only snow tire that comes with a treadlife warranty (40,000 miles). Obviously you won't run them down that far (recommended change at 5/32"), but it is peace of mine for treadwear and workmanship. I had mine shipped from tirerack to my door for $550.. and had them mounted and balanced for $70 locally. I did not do the $70 rebate promotion because I don't like opening up credit cards (I believe it ended 10/31).

Michelin Xi3 and Bridgestone Blizzak WS70 are the highest rated. In tirerack testing, the Bridgestone is slightly better at stopping in snow and ice and Michelin Xi3 slightly better at accelerating. By slightly, I mean within 2-3%. Michelin won it for me with the warranty and was regarded as the snow tire to handle most like an all-season under dry conditions.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Michelin Xi3. They are the only snow tire that comes with a treadlife warranty (40,000 miles). Obviously you won't run them down that far (recommended change at 5/32"), but it is peace of mine for treadwear and workmanship. I had mine shipped from tirerack to my door for $550.. and had them mounted and balanced for $70 locally. I did not do the $70 rebate promotion because I don't like opening up credit cards (I believe it ended 10/31).

Michelin Xi3 and Bridgestone Blizzak WS70 are the highest rated. In tirerack testing, the Bridgestone is slightly better at stopping in snow and ice and Michelin Xi3 slightly better at accelerating. By slightly, I mean within 2-3%. Michelin won it for me with the warranty and was regarded as the snow tire to handle most like an all-season under dry conditions.
Thanks for the information. I was just asking to see if anyone has some for sale. Not asking which ones to get. thanks : )

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Hey Erik when I bought my Michelin Defender tires I did get the $70 rebate. I did not have to fill out any information to open up a Michelin credit card. They sent it to me on a Visa gift card with my name on it. I sent them a copy of my paid bill for my Michelin tires and filled out a rebate form. About 4 weeks later I received the Visa gift card. I did not have to supply any personal information or social security number.

Sent from my last surviving brain cell

Reactions: ErikBEggs

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
Thanks for the information. I was just asking to see if anyone has some for sale. Not asking which ones to get. thanks : )
Ha!

I forgot to check which section this one was. My bad! I hope you find a good set.

NYCruze2012 -

"Sent from my last surviving brain cell" on that earlier post of mine, LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts