Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a coil pack for a 2013 1.4l turbo AT. Stock, aftermarket, doesn't matter. I tore a boot so I want to buy a one. As long as it has 3 boots I will buy it. Give me a price and I will let you know.

·
Administrator
25,080 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know. Ive looked online. Thanks though. Lol i saw someone selling one on here for $50 obo. Was hoping someone had one for sale so i didnt have to spend $90

·
Registered
192 Posts
Didn't someone confirm a while ago that a specific boot on another platform, not sure which vehicle, fit and worked for our Cruzes? I remember thinking to myself as I read it "wish I'd known that before I purchased a coil pack" Tearing a boot is a kick in the groin type of suck. So much money for a rubber part.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea and I did that after seeing his post. He bought an ac delco boot for another vehicle and trimmed it down. It does seem to run different with the different boot. I wouldn't say worse or better just doesn't feel the same as before. Ezap28ltz sent me 2 boots free after contacting me on here, (thank you so much again!) I am installing them tomorrow. I kind of want to buy a new coil pack to see if the car drives any different with a new one, I have about 40k miles, idk if it would fail around that many miles though.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also after tearing the one taking it out for the first time myself I covered them in lube made for spark plugs and boots. Made sure it was okay with my uncle, mechanic of 30+ years, and he gave me the stuff that will work great he said.

·
Administrator
15,614 Posts
That will work.

To me, I saw rubber, and if you need to lubricate or protect rubber, you can use silicone spray, so I douse them with silicone spray every time I take them out. I've removed them at least a dozen times now and at 49k miles, haven't torn one.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Found this on http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/34-1-4l-turbo/14038-spark-plug-boot-warning-2.html

I ran into the same problem when replacing my spark plugs for some reason at 20k miles one of my spark plugs was causing cylinder 4 to misfire. I looked up and down for just the spark plug boot and i couldnt fond anything. I ended up using the Autolite 500461 spark plug boot and cutting it from the top for the correct length and trimming off the top piece that would be to high for the valve cover so in the end it pretty much looked identical to our stock one. I also was able to use the stock springs so everything worked great. Car is running much smoother now.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thats what i did. Seemed to run weird though so I replaced the boot with a stock one someone sent me.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Thats what i did. Seemed to run weird though so I replaced the boot with a stock one someone sent me.
Hmm, did it come with the spring? If so, then maybe the resistance is different from OEM? Is the Autolite boot the same thickness as OEM boots?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
They were the same thickness. Had to reuse my old spring as the one included was too long. It works for a quick fix but my car seems to run better with the original plug boot someone sent me

·
Registered
266 Posts
I did this exact same thing, used the stock spring from torn boot. Works great, have not had any problems at all,(cost was around 7-8 bucks). I use dielectric grease on all my boots, just dab a little in the end of the boot and push on over plug. Never had any problems with boots sticking ever after doing this. I do this on all my vehicles. Also, good idea to use some anti-sieze on the threads before reinstalling plugs, makes them easier to remove when regapping or replacing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts