Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not sure if there is any other place I could get these cheaper than the dealer, but im wanting to buy the tire inflator and sealant kit for my eco. It did come with one...However, the **** thing malfunctioned, so I got pissed and pitched it at my garage wall. (It wasn't working to begin with like it should). I originally decided after that, that I wasn't going to buy another one since I didn't think I would really need it, but I then realized it may be a good idea to have it just in case, so now im trying to track one down fairly cheap. Don't want to pay the 50.00-60.00 from dealer. I don't know if anyone would want to sell me theirs. I know its a shot in the dark asking for someone elses, but maybe you wont want it and convert to the spare tire???. Im just drawing out a blank picture here so if anyone can help, its greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it would be nice....I just don't want to add all that weight back in the trunk since im going for fuel economy.

·
Premium Member
4,147 Posts
A couple of guys have converted the trunk to accept a spare and the tools to go with it (full size) and reported no noticeable change to fuel economy. The repair kit has a use by date and may be useless when you need it. Fortunately when you buy a new Cruze in Australia you have the choice of a no cost spare optional and most people take it .

There is at least 1 thread showing how to do the conversion in this forum.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
If you got a piece of junk throwing it at your garage wall was kind of foolish, why didn't you just return it to your dealer?

A bad joke anyway, limited to a pin hole. And according to that post on adding a spare tire, instead of a hundred bucks, more like 650 bucks.

And if concerned about tire weight and have a tire in your gut, get rid of that one instead.

If you just happened to be an engineer and had to work for marketing. You also develop a skill for dealing with the mentally ill in insane asylums. Major perquisite for working in marketing is to have a large gut, a big mouth, and a small brain.

·
Super Moderator
5,180 Posts
I converted to a spare and will sell. I would return bad one to dealer, they go for $150 on GM Parts Directhttp://www.gmpartsdirect.com/catalog/frameset.cfm. There is one on Ebay for a Dodge Dart(looks just like mine) for $155.

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
The retail price of the spare is around $550 - 650 retail. You can also purchase all the parts from gmpartsdirect for a lot less. Adding the Spare tire did NOT impact my city fuel economy. I kept my pump so I can inflate the spare tire if I ever need it. Follow the link in my sig for the part numbers.

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think your underestimating the price, a very similar looking one on tirerack offered by continental is $80. For that price would be better to just invest in a real spare.
Yeah the dealeships price was around that price too lol. I dont want to pay no more than a certian price for one. Its not exactly worth getting one or worrying about one if you ask me....it would be nice to have one in case though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts