Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If there is anyone willing to part with their VT turbo I would be interested in it. I have to buy a new turbo and don't really want to go back to stock, but since VT is no longer selling their turbo, I might have to. Unless, one of you fine individuals has one they are willing to part with. No, I am not going to get one from BNR. They require you to have their tune and I am already using HP Tuners, so I don't need it. Also, even if they were nice enough to sell just the turbo it would be near $1700. Thanks.

·
Registered
576 Posts
If there is anyone willing to part with their VT turbo I would be interested in it. I have to buy a new turbo and don't really want to go back to stock, but since VT is no longer selling their turbo, I might have to. Unless, one of you fine individuals has one they are willing to part with. No, I am not going to get one from BNR. They require you to have their tune and I am already using HP Tuners, so I don't need it. Also, even if they were nice enough to sell just the turbo it would be near $1700. Thanks.
Have you contacted VTuner and asked them specifically? About 9 months ago I was going to get the turbo and a tune (opted for bnr) and they said they can still get it for me. It could be different now but just a suggestion.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I meant Vermont Tuning not VTuner lol but it works either way I guess.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah. I talked with Brian and he said his manufactures refuse to work on such a small platform, so they are no longer being produced. Which kind of sucks, because in the reading I have done, they were pretty incredible.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Minnesotafats.

There's a Turbo Rebuilder/supplier in Hudson, WI called Midwest Turbo. They might be of interest, and given that they are local it might be worth a call to see if they play in the smaller car turbo scene.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the heads-up. I was actually given their name from a friend of mine. What I have done is to reach out to Brian at VT to see if there is any way he would be willing to provide me the details of his turbo and to see if MT would be able to recreate it. It is probably going to end up being too much, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes it was and it was a **** of a deal based off of the conversation I had with Brian. Pricing out the build with the local company it would be in the $2,000 range and I could easily get into a header and new turbo for much less than that.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did and had to send it back because the connection between the compressor and turbine was destroyed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts