Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, so i recently purchased and installed some xtreme vision buls after reading so much good things about them here in the forum, but to be honest, im very unhappy, i was hoping for the bulbs to be a whiter or ever brighter, and they seem very dull looking, i have to ride with the fogs on just to get some light down the road, idk if maybe a got a bad set or what, but i need something different, if you all have any suggestions, id be more that happy to hear them out, thanks

·
Registered
803 Posts
XTP is now Xtreme Vision (XTV).

For H13 it's only available in +100 not +130. And although it may be 10-15% brighter than the OE bulbs I doubt you'll be blown away by the difference.

Unfortunately in order to truly upgrade your forward lighting to a visually noticeable improvement, you must perform a retrofit that involves opening your headlamps and adding in OE grade HID projectors.

And no, adding in plug n play 8000 lumen LED bulbs from ebay or a quick HID kit will be better than stock halogens. Both of these options will not maintain safe beam patterns.

·
Administrator
15,757 Posts
The headlight wiring harness upgrade, in addition to properly adjusting your headlights helps a lot.

Note that these have much better lateral visibility than the OE bulbs. It's not about absolute intensity in one focal point, but about balanced output across the entire range.

I get high beamed occasionally when people think I have my high beams on because of these bulbs, and they are adjusted correctly.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
you're talking about the 130% ones? do you think they will make a difference?? at least brighter and maybe whiter?
theyre much brighter than stock, and proper color.

i have 2x10" 100W hid's on my cherokee, so i know bright...yeah, the cruze is nowhere near THAT, but there's nothing wrong with the car with the upgraded bulbs

i absolutely have plans for hids retrofit, but that $$$, i keep spending on other things

1 - 8 of 8 Posts