Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize is this has been covered in another thread. I did perform a search but couldn't find anything.

I noticed that all of my xm channels have a new splash / picture art. They are now a bluish hue. Truth be told I'm not very fond of it. Is there anyway to change this ?

ImageUploadedByAG Free1368426241.984137.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1368426260.133443.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1368426276.999982.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
Not cool if this is in place of the nice colorful art that the XM Channels on the 2013's currently have.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not cool if this is in place of the nice colorful art that the XM Channels on the 2013's currently have.
That's my dilemma. I just bought my 2013 cruze last month. I used to have those nice colorful splash screens but now they're gone. I even reset my radio to default settings and that didn't help.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Mine did the same thing. It looks like XM changed them. The only option that I know of is to turn it off, which gives an even plainer blue screen, unfortunately.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah looks like they're here to stay. It's part of an xm channel update that took place a few days ago. I really do miss the old backgrounds ! I found this out on the xmfan.com forum board.

·
Super Moderator
5,152 Posts
I know XM moved some channels around. Why I don't know. Since I don't have the screen you guys have I just see that the channel # changed. I know Stars channel 107 changed to 106, I don't know what else. Maybe you can find out more here: New Channel Numbers - SiriusXM Radio I think they put thing more in categories and added channels.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Did each XM channel used to have it's own art or were some of the background images used on multiple screens?
Some shared artwork. Howard 100 and 101 were the same. Classic Vinyl and Deep Tracks were the same. Those I know for sure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I been having the same issue with the blue xm background art. I have taken the vehicle back to the dealership and they reset the mylink to default. They stated that it is possible that the blackberry phone which was connected to mylink via Bluetooth may have cause the problem. At this time I am testing the theory and so far I still have the xm background that I have started with when I bought my car. While working with the techs at the chevy dealership we have determine that this blue xm background art is not an external problem but something to do with the software of the Mylink system. We still don't know if it is XM updates that are causing the problem or some bad code within the Mylink programming.

·
Registered
119 Posts
It's my understanding that the bandwidth of XM is quite limited (which is why the audio quality isn't the best). They frequently have to walk the line between having lots of stations with poor quality, or few stations with excellent quality. I'd assume that if these images are coming from the satellite along with the audio, they're doing it to save bandwidth, which either means slightly higher quality audio somewhere, or the capacity for more stations. IMHO, I'd take either of those over nicer background images.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I went ahead and submitted a support question to siriusxm to get (I hope) a definitive answer from them. I also included a picture I happened to have of the mylink operating before they changed all the images to "shades of blue". I'll post here should I actually get a response.

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'll update here that I got an email back from siriusxm asking me to call customer care at 1-800-869-5364. I did so. After explaining the issue, the employee sent my call to product support (1-855-260-5969). The support person had an understanding of the radio, said the images were sent from siriusxm but was not aware that they had changed their process or images. He said he had not heard any other comments from listeners. I did explain that there were similar comments here. He sent a reset signal to my radio (no impact). He asked me to call back in 2 days.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
For a few brief moments today the original xm channel art screens came back on my screen only to disappear a few minutes later. Actually some stuck around hopefully the rest of the channels will come back to original form. ImageUploadedByAG Free1370932706.117329.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1370932717.400252.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1370932733.216344.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1370932742.900098.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1370932752.450202.jpg

·
Registered
155 Posts
For a few brief moments today the original xm channel art screens came back on my screen only to disappear a few minutes later. Actually some stuck around hopefully the rest of the channels will come back to original form.
Mine were back this morning, although Howard 100 was an odd image. They stayed for my 50 minute commute. We'll see this afternoon what happens.

·
Registered
119 Posts
For a few brief moments today the original xm channel art screens came back on my screen only to disappear a few minutes later. Actually some stuck around hopefully the rest of the channels will come back to original form. View attachment 15051 View attachment 15052 View attachment 15053 View attachment 15054 View attachment 15055

Some of my images came back yesterday afternoon as I was driving, like the jukebox for the pop stations. Others were weird, like the image of a sports referee with CNBC. My phone calls to SirusXM have yielded me no information. I shall try again with them.

Reactions: Starks8

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've had the plain blue images for the 3 weeks up until this morning when the fancy images appeared, we'll see if they stay the rest of the day.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I did speak to a "customer advocate" today at SiriusXM who was less then helpful. She didn't believe SiriusXM sent any pictures and that it was Chevrolet's problem. My SiriusXM screen is back to the blue stuff.

I think I'll move on to more important things--like how I'm going to get a cheap renewal from SiriusXM based on their lack of expertise. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi MD5335-

Would you please send us an email with your contact information to [email protected], so we can help. We can get on a call with one of our engineers to see why this might be happening and see what troubleshooting steps we can help with.

Thanks,
SiriusXM Digital Care Team

1 - 20 of 67 Posts