Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Is it worth going back?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,171 Posts
Be careful on the 6 month/$30 which I was thinking about also. If you read the fine print, after the 6 mos are over you are in a "contract for 15.99/mo or whatever level you have(which you can cancel at any time)". I just called them and told them I would like to sign up for 3 mos free trial and that goes till Nov. I am sure they will call me with lots of promos in there which I will consider. This is why I am upset with them after they made my Lifetime subscription "Limited lifetime after changing cars" and would not transfer it from my 2012 Cruze to my 2014 or 2013 Cruze. As I had already transferred from my 2011. On top of that when you sign up for a subscription, they do some fancy double talk on pricing which makes it more expensive and honestly the programming is not all that great and deteriorated as I have had it since the late 90s and they have more commercials that you would expect. Call and get the free trial I have and see what you think first.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,488 Posts
Give Spotify a try. You can create your own playlists or use some of theirs. I pay $15/mo for the Premium family plan (regular Premium is $10 for one account), which allows you to download lists to your phone to store them offline. I find it quite helpful because it doesn't chew through my cell data and can listen to whatever you like. I have my headphones in throughout my subway commute in the mornings and then can switch to Bluetooth in the car.

·
Reverend Red Bull
1,119 Posts
I got the $30/6 month offer as soon as my free trial from initially purchasing the car ran out. I've been paying the same price ever since. I just call back a week before my 6 months is up to cancel my subscription. When they ask why, I say that I don't think the service is worth continuing at full price. They make a few different discounted offers, which I decline, until they finally offer to renew me for another 6 months at the same price. I also get my Travel Link (weather, gas prices, and movie times) for $1 a month the same way. As of next month, I'll be at 4 continuous years of XM at the $30/6 month rate plus $1 a month for Travel Link. Time for me to call back next week and "cancel" again.

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I got the $30/6 month offer as soon as my free trial from initially purchasing the car ran out. I've been paying the same price ever since. I just call back a week before my 6 months is up to cancel my subscription. When they ask why, I say that I don't think the service is worth continuing at full price. They make a few different discounted offers, which I decline, until they finally offer to renew me for another 6 months at the same price. I also get my Travel Link (weather, gas prices, and movie times) for $1 a month the same way. As of next month, I'll be at 4 continuous years of XM at the $30/6 month rate plus $1 a month for Travel Link. Time for me to call back next week and "cancel" again.
Yes I was doing that for 3 years but finally they said NO and would only offer the Select plan for 6 months @$30. I had been on the All Access plan which allows for home streaming and that Travel Link/weather service. They wanted $4 extra or told me forget it. I noticed in 4 years the Music my one channel (FirstWave) plays is always been the same too. I don't like downgrading, DirecTV tried to do that to me last week as well but when I called to cancel they gave me $45 off a month for 12 months, Sunday NFL Prime Ticket, HBO for 6 months, and Showtime/The Movie channel for 4 months although I had to sign a year contract. Considering what the average monthly cable bill is and my options (no broadcast TV, Mono non HD local Cable company with 800 subscribers), or Internet TV which is hard to watch with a 5.5 MB connection but worked surprisingly well if you don't mind non HD 380 P. So I'm covered for another year, if I live so long at $64 a mo. I'd use my phone for music and more but I don't have one~

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.