Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Listen FREE now
through November 26 and hear whatever you love, wherever you love to listen.

It's on now in your car, online and on the app. And, for the first time, listen FREE on all Amazon Echo and Alexa devices.
Download Channel Guide
We've turned on your inactive satellite radio. Satellite and streaming lineups vary slightly. (Some older Sirius satellite radios may not be capable of receiving the free listening channels.)

Listen at home for FREE
right now on all Amazon
Echo and Alexa devices.

Enable the SiriusXM skill at Amazon.com, on your Alexa App, or by clicking the button below. Next, click "Link Account." Once you arrive at the SiriusXM login page, simply click "Enjoy Free SiriusXM through November 26th."

Then, ask Alexa to play your favorite SiriusXM channel. For example, say "Alexa, play Hits One on SiriusXM."

Enable Skill
https://www.siriusxm.com/listenfree

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
I already gave $60 for a year on some promotion received in the mail.

I've had the car 13 months now and I don't think the radio has 30 minutes use yet.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I tried XM for about 15min of the only sizable drize ive taken. Im sure its handy for cross country road trips ect but...i also have a USB stick with a few gigs of music. Radio is a dead medium.

I kinda feel bad for them, they gave me all this time and i couldnt be bothered to use it other than just to try it, and they spend all this money mailing me to get me to pay...and i cant even be bothered to use it for free.

Maybe id pay for a single month if i had a planned cross country trip, just to prevent me burning out on my own music.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I tried XM for about 15min of the only sizable drize ive taken. Im sure its handy for cross country road trips ect but...i also have a USB stick with a few gigs of music. Radio is a dead medium.

I kinda feel bad for them, they gave me all this time and i couldnt be bothered to use it other than just to try it, and they spend all this money mailing me to get me to pay...and i cant even be bothered to use it for free.

Maybe id pay for a single month if i had a planned cross country trip, just to prevent me burning out on my own music.
Radio is far from a dead medium.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Look im old enough to appreciate radio, it is dying right now, and the millenials never use it in their car, they stream pandora/soundcloud. **** im "old" just by having my own music collection, which is large enough to put on a USB stick and not have issues with music constantly replaying. I mean when the largest radio conglomerate declares bankruptcy things are not on the up. (https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2017/04/24/iheartradio-iheartmedia-bankruptcy/)

Enjoy it while it lasts is all im suggesting....if you enjoy listening to music that way at least. Dinosaur media of all types is up for a serious shakedown come the next generation.

Theres a reason they put wifi and cell data in the car, thats the future.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
I can't stand radio music. Usually the same overplayed crap people think is good because they are incapable of deciding what music they really do enjoy.

Not to mention FM and satellite both suffer from major quality issues. Satellite is poor overall quality. FM, especially HD, can be good quality, but most stations will optimize their sound for crappy speakers with compressors and other fanncy bizzaro methods to make it sound better. Good if you are listening in a decaying 2002 Ford truck. Bad otherwise.

The only reason you'd listen to radio is if you like the talk shows. Which I dont. Or you like being advertised to. I have better things to do than listen to the next Ponzi scheme.

Meanwhile things like Spotify come along and have none of those problems. You get to choose your own songs. You get somewhat high quality 320kbps. No advertisements. And a selection of music so wide to appeal to even the most die hard hipsters.

Yes it is a steaming service but I can drive straight to the west coast and not have a single interruption even in dead zones, because Spotify will preload it.

I of course have my own collection of FLAC music but that's just in case of zombie apocalypse or something. Streaming everything is ridiculously more convenient specially when you're like me and find 200 different new songs every month.

So let XM die. The talk shows can go move to twitch or something. They'd probably make more money there anyway.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I noticed the free trial yesterday. Really have no use for it, car doesnt get driven much or very far....and my wife has her old iPod hooked to the USB port, all her music she wants (country crap....thank God I am deaf)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts