Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to order the $30/6 Month deal and noticed it was free during my trip to L.A. Try it today!

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
We recently signed back up for a year ($199/yr.) and what mess SiriusXM made of the task. First, it took them over 4 1/2 hours to get the radio active when they told me 10 to 15 minutes. I had to have the car sitting out in the driveway running for the activation. Then, they couldn't get us an invoice (not going to go the credit card route again with them) because they forgot to update the billing address I gave them. Another month went by with no invoice because they again didn't update the billing address. Asked them to e-mail me an invoice, but they couldn't do that. Finally got an invoice in the mail three months after the service was started. Mailed the check and invoice to them the same day and received another invoice in the mail the next day. Can't wait to hassle with them when it's time to renew. SiriusXM customer service is most likely the worst in business. Love the representative's offshore accents with their American names.

Reactions: brian v

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,171 Posts
My free 3 month trial ended and do not plan on renewing! XM really never offered much for me. I don't travel a lot and IMO they play too much in commercials(voice overs) and the only channel not found on regular radio was Star 109 besides they told me my lifetime subscription was "limited lifetime" of only one radio. Don't feel I will miss anything!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Sirius often does free radio for a few weeks, then they disable it.
I had my free trial, without ever putting a credit card down.
However, their channel selection did not include much of what I would like to hear.
I like radio talk shows, and techno. They had neither.
Yes, talk shows, but mostly topics I didn't care for.
Despite having a free ride, I only used it a few times.
My next car will have a standard radio, which I will upgrade to one with HD FM channels.
Similar content, similar sound quality (16kHz hiss-less stereo), mostly ad-free, and costless (meaning, no money)!
The radio costs about $100 more than a standard radio, and many stations are phasing out the digital channels, but I'd rather pay $100 extra at the initial radio purchase, than pay $+10 monthly to a service.

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
The problem is, after your $60 is up. They keep hitting you for retail price. They rebill the **** out of you, and you pretty much need to cancel your card on file to get them to stop charging you. Then the a***oles don’t have a card on file, they send you a bill, and then send you to collections. Sneaky practice they have going on. I’ve never been sent to collections. But the rebill is like $45 a quarter at regular rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I still see the $30 for 6 months which is a better deal than $60 for the year, considering its barely worth $5 a month. Is it me or did it sound especially lo fi this time around? Reminds me of AM Stereo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.