Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Little Purple Title
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned my Cruze for exactly one month and got the free trial of XM.

During this month I've received 3 calls from their telemarketing number 800-967-2346, each time I answer no one is there and the call disconnects.

I never use XM, don't want it.

I called their customer support number a couple weeks ago to cancel, was left on hold for about a half hour, and I finally hung up.

Tonight (after being called by the telemarketer for the third time) I called their support. After going through the computer menu I actually got a live person... Who answered and said "Thank you for calling XM, please call back in 10-15 minutes" then the hung up. I called back 20 minutes later and got the same thing.

I emailed their support, opened a complaint with the BBB, and emailed the Minnesota Attorney General.

I swear to God I will never buy another Chevy if it comes with XM pre-activated.

I want it out. I want it gone. I never want to hear from them again.

/rant

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Hopefully you didn't give XM or OnStar your credit card number when they were activated.

·
Little Purple Title
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hopefully you didn't give XM or OnStar your credit card number when they were activated.
OnStar has it, but I've already logged in to OnStar and XM to verify any auto-renew options are off. I'll sue 'em for fraud if they try anything, wouldn't be the first time.

·
Little Purple Title
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
3,172 Posts
Well if they don't want to answer their phone, or talk when they call my phone, what's a guy supposed to do?
Be patient and hope the problem gets solved. Remember they have millions of customers, a business that big can only do so much in a well mannered time.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Little Purple Title
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Be patient and hope the problem gets solved. Remember they have millions of customers, a business that big can only do so much in a well mannered time.

They called me 3 times, I called them 3 times, still haven't talked to anyone... Not sure how much more patient I can be. Shoot, I can even get Comcast tech support on the phone in under 10 minutes.

·
Premium Member
3,172 Posts
They called me 3 times, I called them 3 times, still haven't talked to anyone... Not sure how much more patient I can be. Shoot, I can even get Comcast tech support on the phone in under 10 minutes.
Well then I guess that shows you some company's are more "customer friendly" than others. Like I said be patient. Try getting ahold of them some more but only on your time.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
When I was negotiating with XM to renew my 90 day trial that came with the car, I learned that the XM telemarketing is done by a third party call center in Perrysburg, OH, a suburb of Toledo, OH. Oddly enough not India. Not making excuses, but we've been under a level 3 storm warning here for the last 3 days. That means no one but the police, and emergency crews are allowed on the roadways. The telemarketing company has likely been grossly understaffed and may have had some communications issues also. I've had similar issues with other organizations here in NWOH this week. The one thing I've learned with XM is that communications between their marketing and corporate organizations are woefully ineffectual. Keep on them to make you happy. It shouldn't have to be like that, but it is with XM/Sirius.

Reactions: Merc6

·
Little Purple Title
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When I was negotiating with XM to renew my 90 day trial that came with the car, I learned that the XM telemarketing is done by a third party call center in Perrysburg, OH, a suburb of Toledo, OH. Oddly enough not India. Not making excuses, but we've been under a level 3 storm warning here for the last 3 days. That means no one but the police, and emergency crews are allowed on the roadways. The telemarketing company has likely been grossly understaffed and may have had some communications issues also. I've had similar issues with other organizations here in NWOH this week. The one thing I've learned with XM is that communications between their marketing and corporate organizations are woefully ineffectual. Keep on them to make you happy. It shouldn't have to be like that, but it is with XM/Sirius.
Their third party telemarketing company is staffed right now, they just called me. (Notably they called me after 9PM, illegal in Minnesota.)

I called their customer support, which goes to their call center, not the telemarketer.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Not making excuses, but we've been under a level 3 storm warning here for the last 3 days. That means no one but the police, and emergency crews are allowed on the roadways.
What?! That's a new one...

And back on topic, I have never been called once

·
10,713 Posts
I haven't tried to call recently but I used to for the longest with success. Since June I had 4 days of XM art background and gave up on resetting the signal to get it back. I can also vouch for the storms here.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I had XM and onstar in my HHR and now also in my Cruze. I received 1 call from them during the time i owned my hhr and one with since july with my Cruze. Ive gotten a few letters via snailmail but other than that no frequent calling at all. I called them twice with my HHR and both times was on hold less than 5 minutes and issues were fixed. My Cruze had to have the turbo replaced under warranty a few months ago and during that time I got a notice for 3 free months and the typical 4.99 for 6 months after that deal. I called them around the middle of december and was on the phone for less than 10 minutes. It sucks that youve had suck horrid luck with youre XM/onstar experience. I wonder if different markets use different outsourcing companies. I can also say that Afni Inc another outsourcing firm that I have previously worked for provided Onstar customer service in Ky and Tn. So maybe different firms handle different markets and some are worse than others. Just like finding a good dealership, they may all be GM or Chevy or whatever but they are not all representative of the company but rather the management that handles that location or market.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Cost around 80-100 bucks to add XM to a conventional radio, whether you wanted XM or not, you still paid for it when you and me purchased our Cruze. Ironically the cost of and quantity of parts to receive XM is more than GPS.

But if you want GPS, its a thousand bucks more, adding OnStar to the radio is yet another item that cost more than GPS hardware wise, you already paid for this as well whether you wanted it or not.

Adding GPS to a radio is a dirt cheap operation, power supply, housing, satellite antenna is already there. Just need a highly produced microcontroller and an LNA, about two bucks more, add another buck for flashram. Touch screen only adds another couple of cents, just another printed process. But yet they charge you a thousand bucks more!

But what XM, OnStar, and GPS share in common is around an extra 200 bucks a year each for user cost. XM and Onstar a subscription cost, GPS, 200 bucks for a yearly map update.

Really based on a marketing guy that feels the rest of us are idiots.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
What?! That's a new one...
Well, we aren't used to multiple 10" snowfalls, -15 degrees temps, 40 mph winds, and -40 degree chill factors around here. The land is too flat and the drifting was too much for the snow removal equipment of the various local and state governments. The intent is to keep people from killing themselves in those conditions.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I'm on my third car with integrated XM. I don't know that I've ever received a marketing call from them. I just let it expire at the end of the three-month trial period and forget that I have it.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Well, we aren't used to multiple 10" snowfalls, -15 degrees temps, 40 mph winds, and -40 degree chill factors around here. The land is too flat and the drifting was too much for the snow removal equipment of the various local and state governments. The intent is to keep people from killing themselves in those conditions.

Know of such restrictions around here, but if we do get a 2-6 foot snow dump, you are not going very far either. Could with a snowmobile, but still not legal for road use. Ha, if they can catch you.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,349 Posts
I routinely got 1-2 calls a day from them after answering and saying that I didn't want XM and asked them 4+ times to stop calling me. "OK, but that will take some time to process"

Finally I snapped and yelled at one of them to take me off the *expletives here* list. I didn't get any calls after that.

Hate XM. Terrible business model. They harass you more than a crazy ex-girlfriend.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Have xm in both vehicles. I have had 5 seperate accounts that could not be combined, have been on hold for more then 7+ hours and the last time they called I REEMED the woman calling me because they wanted there 3.51 cents that they had said I owed due to cancellation. I refused to give them my card and asked them to mail me the bill as I felt uncomfortable due to the number on our caller Id. She refused so for 20+minutes she got the wrath of me being infuriated from there online app that never worked for me. End result...oh looky looky I got my bill in the mail for renewal. Complete bullshit.

I LOATHE xm... but... where I live I get pretty much 1 or two stations and have an hour and a half commute to work that without it I think I would lose my mind.

No matter the limited staff... An hour and 47 minutes (after being hung up on twice during "transfers") or 2 hours and 13 minutes on hold almost seems criminal to reach a cancellation department.

Reactions: jblackburn
1 - 20 of 20 Posts