Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
10,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went to the site to refresh my signal to hopefully get the color art back and I realized my trial was about to expire in 3 days. If you guys/gals signed up for a trial after the GM new car one expired, go check the date it ends online so you don't see $100 charges popping up.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Does the gm one expire or automatically renew?

·
Premium Member
6,915 Posts
Are you talking about the trial of XM you get when you buy your cruze? I never had to give any credit info when I had that.

·
Premium Member
5,637 Posts
$100? I mailed in a check for an additional 6 month trial for $29.95. While they will auto charge you, it is hard to do if there is no Credit Card on file?

·
10,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
$100? I mailed in a check for an additional 6 month trial for $29.95. While they will auto charge you, it is hard to do if there is no Credit Card on file?
I auto charge a designated card for things like this. I move around the east coast or whatever I'm sent too much to have mail come with me (Reservist on and off orders). $28.96 is what it came out to with pro rate of 3 days left on the last trial period of select plus travel link. A check has bank account and routing slip numbers, do you have an online account setup yet to verify they don't have it on file? If you are active OnStar and get monthly emails, the bottom right has your radio id and you click on the words XM Radio or you can call 1-866-528-7474 to check.

Are you talking about the trial of XM you get when you buy your cruze? I never had to give any credit info when I had that.
OnStar asks for your credit info on initial setup and when you purchase minutes(DO NOT GET until you are in need of them because you are sranded in a no cell area), XM is just on till you let it run out. I let it go a few months and blew off a few promotions till I got it and travel link for a price I could agree on. I'm on my 2nd pay trial session now for XM and 2 months free OnStar after it expired(long story).

Does the gm one expire or automatically renew?
Automatically expires. It dies and then you get letters in the mail for like $90 a year discounted rates from the $15 a month select plan. If you want the weather, movies and nearest gas for MyLink folks that's extra. You have to turn them down a few times to get a better deal. After that if there is a card on file it does renew at full price on the date outlined in the online account.

·
Premium Member
5,637 Posts
I auto charge a designated card for things like this. I move around the east coast or whatever I'm sent too much to have mail come with me (Reservist on and off orders). $28.96 is what it came out to with pro rate of 3 days left on the last trial period of select plus travel link. A check has bank account and routing slip numbers, do you have an online account setup yet to verify they don't have it on file? If you are active OnStar and get monthly emails, the bottom right has your radio id and you click on the words XM Radio or you can call 1-866-528-7474 to check.

I'm not saying they can't try to auto bill you even with a check these days. There was a card but the rep removed it. Since I never provided them one, I assume they share CC info with OnStar which is kind of snaky!

They did turn off my Internet Listening and then wanted $4 a month to put it back. They gave me 6 months for 'free' as a one time niceness!

·
10,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I'm not saying they can't try to auto bill you even with a check these days. There was a card but the rep removed it. Since I never provided them one, I assume they share CC info with OnStar which is kind of snaky!
Not sure if they can do that w/o card info from you personally. My account ran out and it was off for a few till they got me a better promotion/trial rate. At that point I was headed back out of town again and just used one of my play funds to charge the rates. Key words is "I can't afford that amount what else do you have?" I was saying make sure they don't have a bank account to pull from.

·
Premium Member
5,637 Posts
XM makes it clear that they 'Auto Bill'. These days if anyone has your routing and account number you can't expect that this wont happen?

·
10,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
XM makes it clear that they 'Auto Bill'. These days if anyone has your routing and account number you can't expect that this wont happen?
Yep they rely on you to forget about it in 6 months from now. I forgot to add it to my calendar in my phone but I did this time(reason I posted this to remind others to look).

·
Registered
742 Posts
I solved the auto billing by going to best buy and buying gift cards, they can't auto bill them since there is nothing left on them.

·
Premium Member
5,637 Posts
Be careful about XM? After mailing them a check that was not to be cashed until the expiration of the free 3 month GM trial for my new 6 months for $29.95 trial offer, they somehow acquired & used my C.C. info as of today? How, I have never talked with XM before the other day yet they claim in March I provided this info? I read this has happened to others, OnStar might even provide it if on record? What type of company has you write a check to not use it, and charge your C.C. which you never gave them?

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,272 Posts
Sup Eddy .. they use satelites Don't they !

·
Premium Member
6,915 Posts
What type of company has you write a check to not use it, and charge your C.C. which you never gave them?
Was this a real credit card or a debit card that they used? The reason I ask most checks these days work like using your debit card, they get processed through a machine and electrically remove your money. Even Walmart processes checks at the register this way.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,272 Posts
With a Satelite !

·
10,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Was this a real credit card or a debit card that they used? The reason I ask most checks these days work like using your debit card, they get processed through a machine and electrically remove your money. Even Walmart processes checks at the register this way.
Most those places hand you the check back too.

·
Registered
71 Posts
You guys have me worried, now.

My free 3-month trial is about to expire, and they have been hounding me by phone...multiple times a day...to renew for another 6 months, at a special rate.

I have not decided whether, or not, to continue my subscription.

However, I KNOW I never gave SiriusXM, nor OnStar, any credit, or debit card info...ever.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Interesting stuff. I was already inclined to change phone numbers in a while to escape calls from a political party. (NEVER give a political party your phone number. They pass it along to candidate campaigns and PACs who will also call.) So I leave it off most of the time and generally I ignore the XM and OnStar pleadings.

I might perhaps get XM back, I like a few of the channels but I only listen to the radio on very long trips. I almost never turn it on for city driving.

I assume OnStar will begin nagging me in the car to subscribe, if I won't pick up the phone.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I did an extended trial the last time when I had to give a number. I told them specifically that I did not want auto-renewal at which they said it was no problem. Well, guess what auto-renewed? Yep, the subscription. So I called to cancel. I hardly ever use it so itI definitely is not worth the regular price to me. But they talked me into renewing for another 6 months. Of course I will have to call them back to get my card off the account. Which is bull. And why does GM only do a 3 Month trial? Dodge does at least a full year.

·
Registered
71 Posts
...and why does GM only do a 3 Month trial? Dodge does at least a full year.
I believe more expensive GM vehicles offer a 6-month SiriusXM trial.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Was parked north of a store in town last night waiting for my wife to shop. Was bored so played with my radio. Switched to XM, got a no XM signal. Don't think I would have this problem if I moved down to the equator.

During my free trial, did work if driving in open farm fields, but dead when driving on tree line roads and the same was true with OnStar. Satellites are only 22.5* above the horizon at 45*N latitude, and has to be line of sight.

MP3 player and cell phone works.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts