Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yea I'm stoked! On my trip from San Diego, CA to Pahrump, NV with a fully loaded vehicle I avg a 44.6 mpg tank in my ECO. That was at an avg speed of 53 mph. On my way back to San Diego today I avg a 48.5 mpg tank at an avg speed of 60.3 mph! I lauged at a Prius that passed me on the road saying "i'm getting better MPGS!" lol. Lets hope I can keep my mpgs above 40mpg on my daily comute, I've only been avg between 37 and 39 mpgs.

Reactions: XtremeRevolution

·
Premium Member
6,915 Posts
That is a great number! Getting great MPG is more about how you drive & the route you take, adjusting my route I have gotten my 1lt RS up to 46-48mpg at 55-60mph.

Granted this is only a 20miles stretch of road but over a few weeks time my fill up averaged over 45mpg at more than 200miles. I also have a spare tire & jack & all the extra weight of the non-eco car(including an automatic).

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
Yea I'm stoked! On my trip from San Diego, CA to Pahrump, NV with a fully loaded vehicle I avg a 44.6 mpg tank in my ECO. That was at an avg speed of 53 mph. On my way back to San Diego today I avg a 48.5 mpg tank at an avg speed of 60.3 mph! I lauged at a Prius that passed me on the road saying "i'm getting better MPGS!" lol. Lets hope I can keep my mpgs above 40mpg on my daily comute, I've only been avg between 37 and 39 mpgs.
Nice!!! :eusa_clap: The real question is: How many people threatened / tried to kill you?

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was in the slow Lane. when i ave 53 mph was cause i got stuck in stop n go traffic 3 different times... other than that i was doing 65 cruising the whole way. unless i was coasting down hill.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
"Flat" ground is great for economy, good for you to have lots of it.

Too bad for me that I have to contend with very hilly terrain. Here in the Gold Belt of Ga the terrain is like a rollercoaster.
To obtain the figures that I've been able to is a very difficult and tedious procedure. Also it is impossible to do with traffic, I mainly travel during low traffic times and luckily to my SW is a flat area towards a lake that I frequent for food and Wal-Mart trips..

Consider a tire pressure increase, there are a couple threads regarding that.
I'm using a SS Dial Caliper to check the progress of my tires, from new. So far they're wearing "flat" straight across all treads and showing no center tread wear increase.

After breaking in and getting some synthetic or synthetic blend in the car, your mileage will increase.

Later
Rusty Wrench aka DrVette

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.