Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Oh, fog lamps came standard, didn't have to pay your dealer 350 bucks extra for some more plastic. When you hit the directional signal, those front side lamps would come on will bright, constant so you could see around the corner.

Real tungsten contact power switches were used, don't recall ever having a problem. Only real problem I can recall was that stupid rear rope seal. Would only last about 10K miles, still have that Chinese finger pulling tool to replace the upper. Finally gave up and only filled the oil to the add mark, any higher, would get a quart of oil on my garage floor. That TH-400 auto transmission was indestructible, ever had a problem with that. Got rid of it in 1978 with 330K miles on it, even got 500 bucks for it on a new 78 Fleetwood. This is when my problems began, and has been worse ever since.

·
Super Moderator
4,984 Posts
Surely glad we could sway you from being afraid of every little problem with your car like others experienced! I personally have been wondering about my clutch. Not bc of mechanical failure but my 18 yr old son driving it and not really knowing how to start out on a hill or shift smoothly. When I hear the engine revving up when taking off and barely moving, I just think he is going to kill my clutch. Honestly probably nothing worse than I have done over the years when racing around. It's all good. Cruze on!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Traded in a 2011 Cruze LS with 24000 miles on a new 2015 Cruze LT. Never had a problem with the 2011. The 1.8L engine seemed slow to respond from a standing start. The same engine in a 2008 Saturn Astra XR had no hesitation except it was a 5spd stick

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have 75,000 miles on my 2012 ECO MT with no major issues other than HVAC grease, which shouldn't be an issue for you. My other issue is I've had the worst luck with tires on this car - I keep running over crap. We have one member, BlueTopazCruzeEco, who should be rolling 350,000 miles on his 2012 ECO MT.

When reading car forums you need to remember that there are two types of posters here - the first are enthusiasts who enjoy their cars and each other's company. The second type are those few with problems. If you search Ford forums you'll see the same two groups of posters. On CruzeTalk we have a pretty good track record of converting first time posters who have problems into long term Cruze owners and members here.
HVAC Grease? What do you mean?

·
Administrator
25,195 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,553 Posts
I need help really bad!! I have a 2013 Cruze and the negative battery cable was a P.O.S and it was doing what I've read on here from a bunch of people. The flickering of the lights on the dash and power steering will go out for a min and the radio would shut off too. So I bought a new negative battery cable and everything seemed good. Well now with the new cable I get in the car and start it and the radio keeps playing but after about 5 seconds after you turn the car on the buttons on the steering wheel dont work and the radio controls on the middle dash board don't work and my touch screen my link freezes where I can't do anything on it. When you first start the car everything works for like 5 seconds then nothing. The music still plays too but after that 5 seconds when I start the car you can't change the station or turn the volume up or down or anything. The only things that work after 5 seconds are the AC and heat controls on the bottom of the middle dashboard. And sorry for the short story. I'm not good at explaining things. But can somebody help me please?
How old is your battery?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Changing the spark plugs are easy. Do you live in a hot State? The only cosmetic thing I have done is change my car antenna to a shark fin one and I white vinyl wrapped my front and back bow ties. Makes my car stand out from the other cruzes.
would you please share how did you change your antenna to shark fin please?

Thanks

·
Registered
145 Posts
21 - 33 of 33 Posts