Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Just kidding, I thought I'd throw a teaser in there. My names Josh, and I work at the local Chevy dealership as a porter/detailer and I thought I would show you all what I get to drive from time to time.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From what the window sticker says it is a 2013 ZL1. $61k and some change.

Since this forum will not let me add pictures to my original post, here are the remainder of my Cruze pictures. Sorry!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha, yes, it is standard. My job gave me a heck of a deal on it so I traded in my 2002 Ranger (16mpg sucked horribly), and bought this. Needless to say, I'm slowly being converted. Is there any way to add all these photos to the original post instead of having several responses with photos included.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Is there even a point to buying an Eco automatic?
Sorry,
Gotta respond to this as I have a Eco automatic.

The whys?

1. Has the Z-Link rear suspension. (Watts Link)
2. Comes with a spare. (Which I hope to never need)
3. A fuel tank that requires no fooling around to get 15+ gallons into.
4. A turbo that stays on boost with each autoshift.
5. Still has all the Aero enhancements specific to the model.
6. Has, what I consider to be, rather interesting wheels that have the benefit of being forged (stronger, yet lighter) same as the 6m.
All this, yet I still get 33/34 around town (depending on stoplights) but has no problem breaking past 50mpg at 60mph when I'm on the tollway.

I have 3 manual trans fun cars.....two five speeds, one six speed.......I can row gears whenever I want.

Thats why the auto.....heh, heh.

Rob

·
Registered
742 Posts
Sorry,
Gotta respond to this as I have a Eco automatic.

The whys?

1. Has the Z-Link rear suspension. (Watts Link)
2. Comes with a spare. (Which I hope to never need)
3. A fuel tank that requires no fooling around to get 15+ gallons into.
4. A turbo that stays on boost with each autoshift.
5. Still has all the Aero enhancements specific to the model.
6. Has, what I consider to be, rather interesting wheels that have the benefit of being forged (stronger, yet lighter) same as the 6m.
All this, yet I still get 33/34 around town (depending on stoplights) but has no problem breaking past 50mpg at 60mph when I'm on the tollway.

I have 3 manual trans fun cars.....two five speeds, one six speed.......I can row gears whenever I want.

Thats why the auto.....heh, heh.

Rob

Forgot to add that you get remote start instead of a trunk curtain (at the same cost)....

I wanted a manual, but the Remote start won...

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
APCruze,

The remote start is a option.....one that I don't have.
After reading all the 'Forever to make heat' complaints, I'm kinda glad I didn't get it.

Seems this itty bitty motor has trouble making heat unless its working to move the car.

I know it gets chilly in NC but not Northern Illinois chilly.....I'm sure the remote start used in your area is more effective.

Uh, what is a trunk curtain?

Rob

·
Registered
742 Posts
APCruze,

The remote start is a option.....one that I don't have.
After reading all the 'Forever to make heat' complaints, I'm kinda glad I didn't get it.

Seems this itty bitty motor has trouble making heat unless its working to move the car.

I know it gets chilly in NC but not Northern Illinois chilly.....I'm sure the remote start used in your area is more effective.

Uh, what is a trunk curtain?

Rob
opps typed the wrong thing, ment a cargo compartment cover which is basicly a net. When we got the Driver Convenience Package the cost was the same but with the automatic we got remote start and manual they gave you a Cargo net.

In almost any vehicle the remote start was not designed to warm the car up or cool it off, but more to get it started prior to leaving. (my opinion might not be fact) I had a remote start in my 2005 Expedition, and it actually took longer to heat up or cool down than the Cruze, but gas milage was horrible. I have always used the remote start about a 1 to 2 minutes before I walked out to let it get the start on cooling (never really worried about heating up the car myself) and to let the engine get a the fluids warmed up a little before driving. (with a infant this was always nice to have the process of heating or cooling started while you are strapping them in).

Although I do love the snow, I prefer to only have about a 3 weeks of it at the most... I feel bad for some of the memebers that have posted their pictures that I saw. (or didnt see the car due to the snow) I dont think I will ever understand what makes people want to live with 6 months of snow...

Except Snowmobiles....

Reactions: Starks8
1 - 16 of 16 Posts