Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

off the lot or ordered?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
simple question, did you pick up your cruze from dealer stock or custom ordered it?

·
Super Moderator
7,794 Posts
Ordered.

I've always ordered my new cars.

Reactions: idrive1

·
Registered
334 Posts
I got mine off the showroom floor with 24 miles on the odometer. My first ever brand new car. Great story too.

July 2012 we bought an Equinox for my wife. I saw the ECO on the showroom floor and got inside and fell in love, especially with the Autumn Metallic color. The salesman could tell, and tried to get me to buy it WITH the Equinox. I told him to "save it for me". We both laughed about it.

January 2013 rolls around, and I'm tired of my '98 Lumina (329k miles) constantly needing something fixed. I also had new car envy. I finally broke down and went to the dealership and the Cruze was still on the floor! I found our original salesman, and when he saw me he said "I'm still saving that Cruze for ya!".

I test drove one on the lot to make sure the Cruze was what I wanted, and then they brought the one on the floor out to me after I signed the dotted line. The showroom model was the only one they had in my color.

I'm glad we waited too, because I got a better deal by waiting 6 months. Saved me about $6k.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
You missed an option - dealer swap. Mine was a dealership swap.

·
Registered
742 Posts
You forgot dumb luck on a custom order. On mine went to the lot with two options my wife needed to decide between, when she made her mind up none on this side of the state. The sales man was going to do a dealer swap and when I went home to get everything out of the trade in, he called me and told me by dumb luck the exact car we chose just came in on a truck and they were pulling it off and prepping it. Drove off the lot with 2 miles on it.

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
I work at the dealership and I order the cars for the lot so I literately ordered my own car exactly how I wanted it.. When it showed up at the dealership I went to look at it on the truck I started talking to the driver and told him that I ordered it for myself and he asked me if I wanted to back it off the hauler so I did.. It rolled over 1 mile while I was pulling it onto the lot from the truck.. Kinda cool experience..

Reactions: Sunline Fan

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Ordered. All the options you want, none you don't, and no test drive miles on it. Only difference is wish Autumn Metallic would have still been available for 2013. But still love Crystal Red Tintcoat.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Voted! :).

·
Premium Member
4,143 Posts
My story is a little different. There was a deal going at Holden with a finance rate of 0.5% interest so I had a good connection to a dealer and wanted to trade my 13 year old Commodore on a new one. When I rang up the car was out of my preset maximum monthly payment that I was willing to pay. The dealer said "what about a Cruze"? I had not considered one and was a bit reluctant as the performance drop from the Commodore was a bit too much. Then I asked about the price of the diesel model. There are 2 models with a diesel option the CD which was the base model and the CDX which has almost everything. I bought the car on the phone. The only thing I wanted was to sit in any Cruze to make sure I had enough room as I am 6'2" tall. The only diesel he had in stock was a CDX and in a holding yard where the new cars are prepared before going to the showroom. He offered to bring it down for me to test drive but I said as long as he had a similar car for me to sit in that would do. Four days later I had my brand new Nitrate Silver Cruze diesel and 12 months later not a single issue with it.

Reactions: obermd

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
Straight from the factory. I dont want anyone in my car test driving it. I also dont want to pay for features I consider a complete waste of money such as heated mirrors and electric power seats.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Mine is kind of a funny story.. I wanted a 6m in the Topaz Blue but the closest one was 500 miles away and no dealer would go that far. A month later I pretty much had to have a car and the local dealer had a white '12 6m Eco and one about 40 miles away had an '11 6M Eco. I went 40 miles away first thinking I could a better deal on the '11 (this was in August, 2011).They wouldn't give a trade in I was comfortable with on my Z-71 so I went to the local dealer. I parked next to a '12 Topaz 6M Eco with a sticker from another dealership. It had arrived about 5 minutes before I did. The dealer 500 miles away had traded it for one of my dealers cars. If I had gone there first I would have missed it.. And I got a great deal on it since it had 500 miles..

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Off the lot. Advertised as used, but was a loan-fail return. Saved a bit over brand-spanking new (564 miles) but still got a new car rate and full warranty since it hadn't been reported to Chevrolet as sold.

Perfect color, and had everything I needed and wanted.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
It actually took me two tries to purchase my ECO. The first time was for an 2011 ECO MT but the only ones the dealership was willing to work with had all sorts of extras that I didn't want (lighted door sills, etc). The second time I went to Ed Bozarth Lone Tree and they found one in Colorado Springs that had one additional feature that I hadn't even known was available - the brake lights flicker when first engaged and it was in the color I wanted. The salesman went down to the other dealer and drove my 2012 ECO MT back and it was prepped the next day.

For Penguin LS, I went back into Ed Bozarth and dealt with the same salesman. I was looking for a Sonic MT but the Memorial Day sale loss leader was a Cruze LS MT and was actually less expensive than any of the Sonics on the lot. I called my son and told him to empty all the stuff out of the Montana and bring it down from Golden and we completed the deal. The car payment on Penguin LS is less than what I was paying on a monthly basis in repairs to the van.

My Montana was a special order so I've gone both routes.

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
Our 2011 was "...off the showroom floor..." as it was one of the showroom display cars...the only LTZ that they had.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts