Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup, I really did it! I just picked up number three. As you can see from my avatar or my garage, I did own a red 2012 and a white 2012. Now the white one is gone. In its place is a 2013 LT/RS. Love this car and finally got rid of the 1.8 issues we were having. Life is good now.........:) Land vehicle Vehicle Chevrolet cruze Car Chevrolet

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
Congrats. The number of people trading up from the 1.8 to a 1.4T engine makes me wonder if GM shouldn't just kill the 1.8 engine in the Cruze (and Sonic).

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Congrats. The number of people trading up from the 1.8 to a 1.4T engine makes me wonder if GM shouldn't just kill the 1.8 engine in the Cruze (and Sonic).
I also wonder about the LS model. There is a local, large Chevy dealer here that is advertising LS Cruzen for $169/mo. and in the upper right corner of the ad for the car is a sunburst with 42mpg in the middle of it. Can you spell bait and switch?

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
I also wonder about the LS model. There is a local, large Chevy dealer here that is advertising LS Cruzen for $169/mo. and in the upper right corner of the ad for the car is a sunburst with 42mpg in the middle of it. Can you spell bait and switch?
Chevy was doing this on national TV last year before Hyundai/Kia got sued by the NHTSA for overstating their MPG numbers. Now Ford and Chevy have changed their national ads - Ford adding "UP TO" on their MPG numbers and Chevy advertising the LS only when pushing the monthly payment.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Gave my 04 Cavalier to my stepdaughter when she recently moved out to get a reasonable paying job in Milwaukee. So now I have a free stall to fill.

So my wife would love to fill it with either an SUV or a crew cab, she hasn't decided yet. Usually its the other way around in the marriage where the guy wants those big toys. So I am wondering if I am gay.

Did see a completely restored Ford 8N tractor I would like to buy, but wife asked me why in the world I would ever want one of those. Just replied, with that, when city moves all that snow from the street into our driveway, I could push it all back.

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Blue Topaz too eh... Great choice ;)

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Nice trade!

Some folks want a larger than a Sonic car without a large price tag. The 1.8 fills that niche. Some folks also don't want the hassles/expenses of a small turbo engine.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,540 Posts
The LS really is a lot of car for a good price...especially some of the deals that they run on the bare-bones MT models.

If only they'd make that 1.8L engine with as good of a power curve as Hondas...

Congrats on your new car sir, and excellent choice on the color.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Its the price difference that allows them to have the 1.8 v. 1.4T. If the LS wasn't soo much cheaper than any 1.4T, then maybe GM would kill it off, but the LS allows them to sell at a cut-rate price.

I saw two local dealers this weekend selling a 2013 Cruze LS for 12.9k

·
Registered
145 Posts
Gave my 04 Cavalier to my stepdaughter when she recently moved out to get a reasonable paying job in Milwaukee. So now I have a free stall to fill.

So my wife would love to fill it with either an SUV or a crew cab, she hasn't decided yet. Usually its the other way around in the marriage where the guy wants those big toys. So I am wondering if I am gay.

Did see a completely restored Ford 8N tractor I would like to buy, but wife asked me why in the world I would ever want one of those. Just replied, with that, when city moves all that snow from the street into our driveway, I could push it all back.
LOL,
My wife is also the truck person in the family. Don't feel bad. :-D

·
Registered
579 Posts
I have the bare bones 1.8L and its the value car you get more car for the price. I love my car can't complain at all :eek:ccasion14:

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Someone at the dealership where I bought my LT mislabelled it as an LS.... I refused to pay the extra couple thousand for 1.4T so got the turbo for free :)

·
Premium Member
6,917 Posts
There is only $1500 difference in price between the LS & 1LT, over a 60month loan that's $25 a month. The 1.4T is worth that price alone, the MPG difference would probably make up the $25 too.

The LS has no options available, at least with the 1LT you can basically get all the options of the LTZ. Heck in 2011-2012 you could not even get factory cruise control on the LS.

EDIT: The 1LT gets 4MPG better city, 3MPG better highway, 3MPG combined.

Compare Side-by-Side

1 - 20 of 32 Posts