Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if I want to install it. Anyone want it? Saw one on eBay go for 220. Not sure the going rate so I'll take offers from there. Free shipping.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
This was a really nice factory mod for the pre-2015 models.

Reactions: Merc6 and Cully77

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
As used on the show cars, and sold by GM, they were always tungsten and never body colour.

Reactions: cyclewild

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,886 Posts
As used on the show cars, and sold by GM, they were always tungsten and never body colour.
Really? I remember the GM Accessories site listing out different colors.

I still haven't been able to determine how it would affect airflow compared to the stock grille - always liked the look. I know I'd need to make new block-off plates for the back.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,105 Posts
It will fit all Gen I Cruzes, but was offered in two colors originally, Tungsten and Blue Ray for the 2014 model year. Later on, after the initial dealer installed offering, it was offered as an individual part and could be repainted to any color for $75-$80. Then probably due to demand, it was and still is offered in all the colors.

If you could find a frontal picture of a Cruze (Sonic also has it) with this installed it might help with selling. Also take some photo's at a slight angle to it to show the detail for those who have never seen one.

FYI you should look at the price of a new one.

·
10,712 Posts
They come in all colors and was offered as a package in 14 with the eco/rs spoiler, I picked Blue Ray as it was $100 cheaper than my BGM and the Summit white where I would just reuse chrome. The bumper isn't hard to do, only hard part is if you have an eco in a front plate state. Sucks GM gives you "Man Law" instructions for it. I understand if you don't want to, I recommend this mod for the 2011-14 just be warm when you do this as it's not a 11 minute job.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,105 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,886 Posts
Are the block off plates from the Eco or Diesel (or even the larger-opening ones from the non-Eco/Diesel models) able to be attached to the grille?

·
10,712 Posts
Are the block off plates from the Eco or Diesel (or even the larger-opening ones from the non-Eco/Diesel models) able to be attached to the grille?
No they don't mount w/o lots of modification. The way the grille is any mods will show you just put the panels in haphazardly. Warm up in the short amount of winter temps it seen didn't slow down warm up. I was running AMSOIL Dominator in my coolant.

Free Bump, GLWS

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
Item sold. Thread closed.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.