Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

ZZP aluminum Valve cover.

2512 Views 30 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  PAChevyCruze
Not sure if anyone has seen this, but ZZP offers an aluminum valve cover for the 1.4 now. I just got one from eBay, so it was too late for me. 馃枛

ZZP Cover
Reactions: 1
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
I saw thaat on their website was kind of holding off myself until I heard a review on it. and or see how long it and r the breather on it lasts.
I saw thaat on their website was kind of holding off myself until I heard a review on it. and or see how long it and r the breather on it lasts.
If its anything (Or the same as) like the Chinese one I got off of eBay, it's actually not bad. I havent put it on yet, getting it powder coated, hopefully. They at least loctite the internal PCV plate screws, unlike the chinese version. 馃枛
Reactions: 3
If its anything (Or the same as) like the Chinese one I got off of eBay, it's actually not bad. I havent put it on yet, getting it powder coated, hopefully. They at least loctite the internal PCV plate screws, unlike the chinese version. 馃枛
I have only found them for the 1.8/1.6. Where did you find one for the 1.4?
I have only found them for the 1.8/1.6. Where did you find one for the 1.4?
Reactions: 2
LOL well dang and that ones already Red .
  • Haha
LOL well dang and that ones already Red .
The paint job isn't too bad, either. I'm gonna powder coat mine a different color if I can figure out how to remove that rubber gasket....馃枛
So is the PCV diaphragm serviceable on this valve cover? If not the ZZP one is a bit pricey, the ebay one would be way more economical if not.
No idea im going to try one of the ebay ones for kicks.. I should have the VC in about a week and a half and I'll try to get some pic and see if its servicable.
So is the PCV diaphragm serviceable on this valve cover? If not the ZZP one is a bit pricey, the ebay one would be way more economical if not.
Yes it is. I popped mine off. Fully serviceable. 馃憤

Orange Level Gas Circle Automotive lighting
See less See more
Reactions: 2
Yes it is. I popped mine off. Fully serviceable. 馃憤

View attachment 301252
Nice, just need to find out where to get the replacement diaphragms then馃憤
Well when you find tht post back here please .. maybe get the mods to sticky this post for others @Moderators @JLL .. I should have one of the valve covers here in a week or so myself ..
I'll see how their paint holds up for now ,, i think i stil have 3 or 4 spare plastic ones in the garage if I decide I want to blast it and get it powder coated later on
Seems pretty pointless making the valve servicable and then not offer the diaphragms as spares!
Come to think of it.. If you're careful you could replace the diaphragm and cap on the original plastic cover.. I removed mine as a test and if I had a new cap I could rebuilt it.
Nice, just need to find out where to get the replacement diaphragms then馃憤
EBay out of China $8 AU
FYI the dorman replacement cover comes with a lifetime replacement. Thats what route I went with.
@RBalym got a link ?
AliExpress has tons of them, also.
Also, anyone that is buying the Chinese, Non-ZZP one, I would recommend taking the screws out of the PCV plate and using some threadlocker on them. They do not come with it from China and you dont want a screw working loose.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts