Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Cruze Eco 6 Speed
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im thinking about getting this to cut down on the brake dust on my front wheels so they stay cleaner. Does anyone have any experiance with this kit ? It got good reviews just wanted to see if anybody has it or can give any opinions thanks Tim

·
Registered
373 Posts
You can do buick encore rotors and caliper brackets for less... just have to drill out the knuckles.

·
Registered
2012 Cruze Eco 6 Speed
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If your only issue is brake dust, change the pads.
Well the kit says it's 8 pounds lighter than the stock set up and the drilled slotted rotars are nice.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Drilled and slotted aren't necessary if you aren't doing track days or really spirited driving.

I too have noticed the stock pads are a bit dusty.

·
Registered
2012 Cruze Eco 6 Speed
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Drilled and slotted aren't necessary if you aren't doing track days or really spirited driving.

I too have noticed the stock pads are a bit dusty.
I guess ill just look for new pads then. I really like the powerstop stuff i have the tow brakes on my trailblazer.

·
Registered
2012 Cruze Eco 6 Speed
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
373 Posts
Clean your wheels and then ceramic coat them :)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Or get bronze wheels

·
Registered
5 Posts
Get new pads and ceramic coat your wheels. There’s lots of vids on YouTube on how to do it properly.

·
Registered
2012 Cruze Eco 6 Speed
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Get new pads and ceramic coat your wheels. There’s lots of vids on YouTube on how to do it properly.
Ill check it out thanks. I have a few things I want to get powercoated anyways.

·
Premium Member
4,118 Posts
Brake dust was terrible on my 2012 Cruze when it was new and the rotors wore down much too soon. I replaced the rotors with grooved and dimpled ones with quality pads and both the dust and wear problems are gone.

·
Registered
2012 Cruze Eco 6 Speed
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Brake dust was terrible on my 2012 Cruze when it was new and the rotors wore down much too soon. I replaced the rotors with grooved and dimpled ones with quality pads and both the dust and wear problems are gone.
Im going to get powerstop

1 - 16 of 16 Posts