Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just ordered and got my ZZP downpipe and midpipe combo delivered yeasterdsy and already called my local exhaust shop for a professional install appointment tomorrow morning but starting to think I shoulda done alittle more research before jumping into this one! Only reason I say that is bc at the moment I’m trifecta tuned, KnN intake, res and muffler deleted! Everything else is stock on the exhaust and have been reading that I should be experiencing rasp, drone and a very loud cruze! I’m not 100% sure on what I should also consider at the shop bc I was looking more for louder spool from the turbo with alittle louder sound than what it’s like at the moment with just the res and muffler deleted! Any ideas on what I should also expect to bring up before leaving the shop tomorrow to get a sound that’s not so obnoxious and also enhances the turbo spool?

Maybe I’m just being paranoid but worried I won’t be able to drive though town without being bothered by neighbors or worse the police every time! Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
It's a turbocharged car with a 1.4L engine - it won't be obnoxiously loud - the turbo does a good part of the muffling.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a turbocharged car with a 1.4L engine - it won't be obnoxiously loud - the turbo does a good part of the muffling.
Thanks for calming some of the nerves! Lol I was thinking maybe adding a muffler or just installing the downpipe for now but maybe your right! Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
Yeah, you should be good.

Consider that vehicles such as the Fiat 500 Abarth (also a 1.4L Turbo) as well as the Neon SRT-4 came from the factory without a muffler. The latter was a larger engine, making more power, and it was all good.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, you should be good.

Consider that vehicles such as the Fiat 500 Abarth (also a 1.4L Turbo) as well as the Neon SRT-4 came from the factory without a muffler. The latter was a larger engine, making more power, and it was all good.
Yeah I guess your right! It’ll be interesting to see tomorrow morning! Maybe if I got time after I flash my new upgraded trifecta elite tune to the vehicle I’ll post a video/sound clip since I haven’t really seen many with the ZZP down and midpipe, KnN intake, and with the resonator and muffler deleted! Unless you anyone can point me in the direction of a video?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a K&N intake, zzp down pipe, zzp catted mid pipe and Borla catback which has no resonator just a muffler. Yes it's loud. Yes there's a little drone. I'm BNR tuned also. But it's not like a ricer kind of sound. I hear the turbine of the turbo up front now and you can hear it through the tail pipe as well. It took me about a week to grow on me. At first I was regretting what I did because of suddenly having a loud exhaust but now I friggin love it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts