Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright seeing as im not completely familiar with modding cars as much as i would like to be, im thinkin about purchasing my first mods on my '12 1.4 cruze rs. Im thinking zzp catless midpipe and catless downpipe along with a trifecta tune. I already have an AEM CAI installed as well. Now is there anything i should know or do before doing all this to my car? Will it throw CEL's because of all these mods?

also i have been in contact with zzp and obviously they are trying to get my to buy their tune as well. What would you guys consider getting? The trifecta or the zzp tune they are offering?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Alright seeing as im not completely familiar with modding cars as much as i would like to be, im thinkin about purchasing my first mods on my '12 1.4 cruze rs. Im thinking zzp catless midpipe and catless downpipe along with a trifecta tune. I already have an AEM CAI installed as well. Now is there anything i should know or do before doing all this to my car? Will it throw CEL's because of all these mods?

also i have been in contact with zzp and obviously they are trying to get my to buy their tune as well. What would you guys consider getting? The trifecta or the zzp tune they are offering?
The most cost effective way (dollar-per-horsepower) to make the Cruze faster in a straight line is a performance tune with the 1.4T. This will blow all modifications away, like nearly 1-magnitude less expensive and the amount of HP gained is probably 6x more than the combined HP of bolting on intake and exhaust components. After that I guess it would be nitrous oxide as being the next most effective dollar-per-horsepower gain, followed by methanol injection that must be combined with a re-tune to realize gains.

I got a CEL with the ZZP DP/MP, I have it ignored via recalibration (I have HPTuners). Whatever tuner you go with may also be able to do this for you, assuming you're vehicle is off-road like mine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not exactly tryin to make my cruze into a drag car haha just want it a little more peppy and sound a bit better. The mods we have are never going to make the car much more faster than it already is. Just wondering if i go with the dp mp along with a tune (want some ideas on tunes)basically what tune to get. I might go with the tune zzp is offering to get rid of the cels

·
Registered
206 Posts
Not exactly tryin to make my cruze into a drag car haha just want it a little more peppy and sound a bit better. The mods we have are never going to make the car much more faster than it already is. Just wondering if i go with the dp mp along with a tune (want some ideas on tunes)basically what tune to get. I might go with the tune zzp is offering to get rid of the cels
More Peppy = Recalibration of the Engine (tuning) is the best route. Also, you will get more of a "Peppy-feel" by stiffening the power-train mounts than putting in a DP/MP alone, in my opinion.

Sound a bit better = I guess the DP/MP is an option, expect to be disappointed regarding any notable Exhaust Noise gains. Be humble here, I know you just invested $500 into the DP/MP, so you really REALLY want to believe it added power, you will fabricate some type of performance gains to justify your purchase. With a performance tune, you will not help but notice you own a completely different vehicle, absolutely NO DOUBTS and NO GUESSING what benefit you got from just a tune. I don't know or recommend what tune to get as I own HPT, but whatever one you get will add UNDENIABLE horsepower and torque.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya im not expecting anything from the dp mp. But im either going hptuners or trifecta tune. Ive been reading better feedback on trifecta but hptuners was good feedback as well. Im not completely sure on what exhaust toget as well. But thanks for the info and opinions. Appreciate it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts