Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

ZZP Performance 1.4 Bypass valve spring

8K views 26 replies 8 participants last post by  Lui 
#1 ·
Hey guys i just wanted to let you know that as of now i replaced the stock spring in my 1.4 and i have to admit it sounds way better then before. i also have an AEM air intake in it so that also helps it sound better. before the spring swap it was still pretty quiet. i do recommend having a buddy to help you since when it's time to put the spring in home you can have them hold it in position while you screw it in place. this is not a performance mod but just something to help make driving more fun. just so you know the gold spring is the zzperformance spring. they look the same but it felt a little stiffer then the stock one

See less See more
#14 ·
I have one also, just haven't installed it yet.I also have a Forge Wastegate Actuator to be installed as well.
I was going to put it on my new turbo but my tuner says they are "a waste of money because the factory valve is superior. And it won't work correctly on my car." Which I'm assuming is false, because some people on this forum have a BOV. I just think he doesn't have a tune made up for them.

#15 ·
I was going to put it on my new turbo but my tuner says they are "a waste of money because the factory valve is superior. And it won't work correctly on my car." Which I'm assuming is false, because some people on this forum have a BOV. I just think he doesn't have a tune made up for them.
Good bet

#8 ·
Hmm... describe the sound difference?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.