Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im deciding on which to get, but i need to know which is a better choice. then what is the size is of each, like zzp is 2.5" but whats the bad news racing? lastly is what comes with each one and if anyone has one then i would like to know how much the sound changed and how well they work.

thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm not sure what the difference between the two is besides brand. The most noticable difference is going to come from the cat being removed though, not the diameter of the pipe. Not to mention that BNR appears to be out of their downpipe at the moment. I ordered a ZZP downpipe yesterday and it will be here monday. $216 shipped.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Here comes old Mr. Stick-in-the mud. While legal to manufacture, advertise, and sell catless exhaust, and even use them on the track. Can be fined by the EPA $40k if caught installing them for public road use.

Some have been caught, installers mostly, put them out of business with super stiff fines. If you don't have emissions inspections, may never get caught, but never get involved even with a minor fender bender. In particular, if its the other guys fault.

Even with a minor misfire, that cat can be plugged up, and replacing it with a catless one does give a great improvement in performance. Augmented by the fact, that stupid O2 sensor thinks the entire engine is running lean, so enriches all of them. Talk about a chain reaction effect.

GM was indubitably against the cat when the newly formed EPA demanded them, until they learned the cat was a great profit item, and had to be replaced frequently with carbed vehicles. And also could jack up the price of new vehicles equipped with them.

Us old engineers were against these, an after the fact emission control device, we even wanted one O2 sensor per cylinder to prevent this chain effect, marketing said hail no to this. So talking about a 44 year old problem. One reason I use Seafoam every 5K miles to keep the injectors clean, top tier is BS. And clean or replace my plugs every 15K miles. And make darn sure my ignition system is in top condition.

Or would end up even making the car manufacturers stockholders even more happy.

Ha, 82 454 CID motorhome was exempt from cats, was classified as a commercial class limited use vehicle. One very attractive feature to me. Also has stock duals that would require already the exorbitant price for these things.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Not sure what the difference is, If any at all. I do know that when i logged on to the BNR site to order mine, the BNR one is listed as "out of stock" and has been for a while, so i went with the ZZP.

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Not sure what the difference is, If any at all. I do know that when i logged on to the BNR site to order mine, the BNR one is listed as "out of stock" and has been for a while, so i went with the ZZP.
Do you have any other exhaust parts? I'm thinking of getting the downpipe and I wonder if I really need anything else after getting it.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I originally got the down and mid pipes, but then I realized that my eBay exhaust tip is all rusted to crap and got irritated and decided I wanted a whole cat back. Wanted the Magnaflow one that is made specifically for the RS rear bumper, but didn't wanna pay $800, so I opted for the ZZP setup after talking to some other RS owners that are running it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
  1. Zzp is 2.5" but necks down to 2.25" so you can bolt it directly to the stock midpipe.in fact I think most of their exhaust part directly bolt up to the stock components. BNR is 2.5" the whole way through so you'd have to get their 2.5" midpipe as well which also means you need a 2.5" catback.

·
Registered
269 Posts
  1. Zzp is 2.5" but necks down to 2.25" so you can bolt it directly to the stock midpipe.in fact I think most of their exhaust part directly bolt up to the stock components. BNR is 2.5" the whole way through so you'd have to get their 2.5" midpipe as well which also means you need a 2.5" catback.
?‍♂

·
Registered
2015 Cruze LT 1.4, aka Yuffie, aka RecklessRed
329 Posts
BNR is HELLA expensive for everything. If you are going with one of the two, go ZZP. I have purchased most of their power mods except a turbo, and they are quality, fit great, and very, very well built. Oh, and the price.

BNRs 60# injectors: $319

ZZP 60# injectors: $158.99

They are the same exact injectors. They are Siemens deka IV EV1 60lb/hr tall injectors, set of 4. Only difference is BNR charges literally double what ZZP does (they do this for most things. SUPER expensive). Why pay double for the exact same thing? I really don't know where they get off charging that much, because the MSRP from Siemens is nowhere near $300+... I feel bad for those that purchased them before checking ZZP.

As far as the downpipes, they are both great products, but at the end of the day, it's just a metal pipe and not the deal-breaking horsepower adder that I personally would pay more for. BNR's DP is like ~$289, ZZP has there's at ~$200.

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,631 Posts
BNR is HELLA expensive for everything. If you are going with one of the two, go ZZP. I have purchased most of their power mods except a turbo, and they are quality, fit great, and very, very well built. Oh, and the price.

BNRs 60# injectors: $319

ZZP 60# injectors: $158.99

They are the same exact injectors. They are Siemens deka IV EV1 60lb/hr tall injectors, set of 4. Only difference is BNR charges literally double what ZZP does (they do this for most things. SUPER expensive). Why pay double for the exact same thing? I really don't know where they get off charging that much, because the MSRP from Siemens is nowhere near $300+... I feel bad for those that purchased them before checking ZZP.

As far as the downpipes, they are both great products, but at the end of the day, it's just a metal pipe and not the deal-breaking horsepower adder that I personally would pay more for. BNR's DP is like ~$289, ZZP has there's at ~$200.
I don’t think those are the same injectors. Reason being is Jerry said he couldn’t tune for the ZZP 60’s. So if he’s selling the same ones, ehhhhh?

·
Registered
2015 Cruze LT 1.4, aka Yuffie, aka RecklessRed
329 Posts
I don’t think those are the same injectors. Reason being is Jerry said he couldn’t tune for the ZZP 60’s. So if he’s selling the same ones, ehhhhh?
Idunno... they look EXACTLY the same. Siemens DEKA IV. Minus the little blue ring. Either way, I doubt they manufacture or have designed them. They are siemens injectors re-branded, and NO set of 60# injectors should cost over 300 bucks. It's absurd. lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.