Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I installed it, but the included band clamp that I assume goes over the slip fit pipe is waaay too large of a diameter.

Maybe I am doing it wrong, do I stuff cotton or asbestos in there and clamp it down?

I can't get a hold of ZZP, I sent an email Sunday, called left message Tuesday, called left message 8am this morning.

Edit: Here is a picture of the type of clamp, it is described as a Band Lap-Joint. I measured the expanded portion of the pipe to be 2.375". I went to several auto parts stores to just get a regular u-joint type, but no one sells 2-3/8". Based on these images, I am not having trouble understanding how to use it, it is straight forward and the one I received is way too large.

Update 2-16-2016: I just received the correct lap joint band clamp from ZZP no charge!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wouldn't use cotton, but maybe Unicorn mane hair would be acceptable. Anyway, good luck. How's it working so far??
How much HP will the Unicorn mane hair add? I was googling around and found a post someone said Centaur manes are cheaper and cool the exhaust much better so the muffler sounds better.

Right now running just high temp silicon at this joint. I am also running a KN panel filter in the stock box, been wanting to remove the baffle but the weather took a crap. I have been bumping up the timing in the cruise areas to regain fuel mileage. I am not sure of the difference in HP using the stock tune, with it balls out tuned, I saw it hit 240 HP on the scanner (using GM torque PID), but that was with a bit too much timing and boost so I've backed it down since; got a little carried away.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.