Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Most likely cause is a leaking trans cooler (part within radiator).

No static test for this....I'd exchange the radiator pronto before the leak gets worse and allows coolant under pressure (at engine shut off) to push into the trans...........Actually, I think a trans flush would be wise in conjunction.

Rob

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
That makes sense.

I recently done (8 days ago) trans oil change but I made sure I didn't overfill, then all of the sudden this problem started. Is it possible that I may have overfilled it and this caused the issue?

Thanks
Overfill would not cause a failure.....I assume the cooler line to radiator attachment points were not disturbed, but, if they were, overtightening could fracture the cooler.
Otherwise, I'm stuck with unlucky coincidence.

Rob

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Your photo is where the trans cooler lines enter/exit the radiator.....a common external leak point, however I am referencing the cooler that is in the radiator.....what the lines are attaching to.
When it develops a leak it pushes trans fluid into the coolant......so, I still am of the mindset a radiator replacement (and likely cooler lines or line 'O' rings) may be in order.

Rob

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Radiator can be removed independent of the A/C......leave the fan attached and transfer to new unit prior to re-install.
You should be able to do it from the engine side with little difficulty, assuming you have a decent tool box.

Re- use the spring hose clamps.....gear type can crack the necks.

Rob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts