Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Danny5 builds a Diesel Cruze

101K views 251 replies 68 participants last post by  Danny5 
#1 ·
I have built many cars in the past. Some for cruising, some for Racing. My latest addition to the family is a 2014 Cruze Diesel in Red Tintcoat. I plan to update this thread each time something on the car changes.

But for now, let's see the pictures!
October 27th, 2013

Here she is, fresh from delivery. Dealer did a lousy job cleaning the interior, but she sure is pretty on the outside!

This is me standing with the salesman as I take delivery.

Initial thoughts: Tires are hard, economy and torque are nice, dang it, forgot the rearview camera!!! Oh well, she looks good anyways! :D

See less See more
#2 ·
October 28th, 2013

Not even 16hrs later, she is in the shop for window tint. 5% on all windows (except the windshield of course :th_coolio:)

Lots of reflective glare, almost impossible to see the Tan interior

Rear quarter shot is better for viewing the tint. A definite improvement!

A little Carbon Fiber vinyl cleans up the front end

Rear bow-tie gets the same treatment. Also added my 12yo frame from my first turbo.

#8 ·
#9 ·
November 4th, 2013

Plasti-dipped the wheels today. I used the standard black, followed by the glossifier.

Lug nuts are Muteki black open end from Rally Sport Direct

#11 · (Edited)
awesome job so far! and ive always wondered what a black bow tie would look like on a CR Cruze.... now i know, and now i can make it happen!

looking forward to your future mods!

Reactions: Danny5
#13 ·
Subscribed. Looking forward to some performance upgrades!

#15 ·
November 12th, 2013

Ah yes, 11/12/13. A bunch of minor updates all weekend long. They weren't really post worthy until I got them all done.

K&N Panel Filter

Factory Floor mats. Makes a big difference!

LED Interior bulbs from iJDMToy

#16 ·
November 15th, 2013

Went to Performance Muffler to have all my mufflers/resonators removed. Turns out the Diesel doesn't have any of those. Who knew?

So I just had them add an exhaust tip...

#18 ·
Question, it looks like you have an additional light that comes on when you open the door, between the map lights. If so, was it like that from the factory? I'd really like to add something like that to my 2012 ECO, as it does not have that, nor have I seen it on other cruzes for that matter.

#28 ·
Question, it looks like you have an additional light that comes on when you open the door, between the map lights. If so, was it like that from the factory? I'd really like to add something like that to my 2012 ECO, as it does not have that, nor have I seen it on other cruzes for that matter.
Can't see the pics at work but 2013 and up have dirent front dome lighting than previous years. I just got wind of similar one in the Verano but with ambient lighting led built in.

#20 ·
December 14th, 2013

It's been quite a while since I've updated this thread. I've been busy for the last month ordering LED lights and installing them. So far I have install Switchbacks and resistors, reverse lights, front and rear markers, and driving lights on the trunk. I have brake lights and turn signals on order.

Today I installed LED strips in the fog light location, and hooked them up to the fuse box. I was able to order the fog light switch through Amazon for a very reasonable price.

I am very happy with the way it looks, and looks amazing at night. :th_dblthumb2:

#22 ·
#25 ·
December 24th, 2013

Just a teaser. Received Eibach Pro-Kit springs today!!!

1.75" drop front, 1.25" drop rear. Sitting at 25.75 front, 26.75 rear. Will keep track to see if it settles anymore.

#118 ·
Just a teaser. Received Eibach Pro-Kit springs today!!!

1.75" drop front, 1.25" drop rear. Sitting at 25.75 front, 26.75 rear. Will keep track to see if it settles anymore.
Car has settled. Started noticing I can't park over my parking block anymore, because I drag it out when I back out of the garage. Just measured the front, but now its 25.5"

That means, you can expect a 2" drop in the front using the Eibach Pro-Kit. Really need to source a smaller bump stop :D

#29 ·
Eibach pro-kit, probably made for Cruze LT or RS. The springs fit in the Diesel locations no problemo. And yes, it did go lower than expected, by about half an inch. I am digging it for now. :th_dblthumb2:

Next mod - amp & subwoofer!

#30 ·
Final present for the car, Clarion XH5210 install with 4 gauge wire. Took 7 hours, but wanted to make sure we did a quality install. We used up a roll of solder, but I think the final product looks amazing!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.