Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks to this thread, I was able to get my intake manifold replaced to day. I was able to get 180K out of my original one before the PCV failed. I replaced it with the Dorman one. When that one fails, I will most likely install the kit on my original one. Thanks for this, it was extremely helpful.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks to this thread, I was able to get my intake manifold replaced to day. I was able to get 180K out of my original one before the PCV failed. I replaced it with the Dorman one. When that one fails, I will most likely install the kit on my original one. Thanks for this, it was extremely helpful.

Did u have any issues with TB after replacement?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I don't think it was an issue with the TB. The only issue I had was that after I replaced the intake, but before I replaced my cam cover, I tried to start it and had multiple misfires and it would not stay running. I thought that I may have a vacuum leak besides the one in the cam cover, but the one in the cam cover was so loud that I couldn't hear anything else, so I replaced my cam cover too and it was fine after that. I have put about 45 miles on it already today after the intake manifold replacement and it appears to be ok. I still have to drive about 40 miles home after work tonight, but I think it is running properly now.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Anyone know the part number for the clip underneath the manifold that you take off just before the vacuum hose when doing this project?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Good Instructions, thank you. One thing I noticed was that when you remove the injector connectors, is that if you squeeze the clip towards the connector body, they will slid right off from the injector. No need to remove the clip and risk losing it. They will snap right back on as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just finished the V2 pvc kit. Thanks a million Xtreme for the great kit, the tutorial and the quick shipping. Also, Mr95Kenny's video was very helpful. I wanted to add a couple of things.

First,per the instructions, be sure not to remove the intake tube from the throttle body until the end; just loosen the clamp. I removed the intake tube which made handling the intake difficult (due to the weight of the throttle body) while trying to disconnect the 2 wiring harness attachments which is the most difficult part of this job.

Speaking of those wiring harness attachments, I used small channel lock type pliers for the gray clip. The angle of those type pliers work well. The second one is black and is a round style. I used a 7/32" deep well 1/4" drive socket and pushed it onto the pin to collapse the tabs. Worked like a charm. The heater hose attachment at the back of the intake can be released with a flat head screwdriver with the clamp staying on the intake.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So it says not to put pressure on that vacuum hose or you'll break the barb on the solenoid. Whoops...I did. Now I don't even know what that part IS to replace it. Little help please?

·
Registered
25 Posts
In the middle of removing my intake manifold to install the v2 kit. The last thing I have to disconnect is the vacuum tubes on the left of the manifold but holy hell, I can’t find an easy way to pinch those metal clips for the life of me. I’ve destroyed my fingers trying and I can’t get wire cutters in there. Any tips?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze 1LT
610 Posts
In the middle of removing my intake manifold to install the v2 kit. The last thing I have to disconnect is the vacuum tubes on the left of the manifold but holy hell, I can’t find an easy way to pinch those metal clips for the life of me. I’ve destroyed my fingers trying and I can’t get wire cutters in there. Any tips?

Not quite sure which ones you're referring to, I think all I used was needle nose pliers.

·
Registered
25 Posts
@Thebigzeus I ended up rotating the metal clamps. They’re the ones you have to punch on both sides. Rotating them allowed me to pinch with pliers. Now I’m caught up trying to remove the fuel injector haha. I have small hands and I’m shocked at how difficult it is to reach things with tools.

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze 1LT
610 Posts
@Thebigzeus I ended up rotating the metal clamps. They’re the ones you have to punch on both sides. Rotating them allowed me to pinch with pliers. Now I’m caught up trying to remove the fuel injector haha. I have small hands and I’m shocked at how difficult it is to reach things with tools.

Take your time and I'm sure you'll be alright. I took my time and it took me all morning into early afternoon around 2-3pm to get it together and do the first start. ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
@Thebigzeus I can almost taste victory! These last two harnesses behind the manifold are a pain to get to and close. I've probably spent the last 15 minutes trying to get them off.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts